Monday, March 10, 2014

broken-barcalounger-footrest-springs



On our Barcalounger, there are two springs that apparently help hold the footrest closed. Both have broken. (It may be related to a fifteen year old who doesn't believe in sitting into a chair but falling hard.) The Barcalounger website is no help. I tried looking at Lowes but they had nothing that even close. The springs are about 2 long, 1 of coli and 1 of straight with a hook at the end. The coil is about 3/8 diameter. Any ideas where replacement spring could be found? I found beaucoup furniture repair shops in the phone book, but they all seem to be just reupolstery and refinishing.
Thank you.

If going to the store where the Barcalounger was bought isn't feasible, try to find s furniture store that carries the line.
In order to have a lasting repair, you need the exact factory part(s) that are broken. For this, you'll need the model (and probably serial) number of the piece in question...

I went to the store where I bought the chair. The store didn't do repairs but they gave me the parts line for Barcalounger. Barac will be sending me four replacement springs, on the cuff. Not a bad ending I'd say. When I can find their number I'll post it for others.

I went to the store where I bought the chair. The store didn't do repairs but they gave me the parts line for
The two springs that lock the foot rest down have broken on my Barcalounger. It was purchased in 2000 and has some tags on the under side. I do not know where the ends connected. Need replacement springs and diagram to reinstall.

Barcalounger Dealer Search
Larry, find a dealer as close as possible, they should be able to give you the parts line number. If you still have the tags underneath they should have some sort of model number on it.






Tags: broken, barcalounger, footrest, springs, parts line, store where, bought chair, bought chair store, bought chair store didn, bought chair store didn repairs, chair store, chair store didn, chair store didn repairs, chair store didn repairs they