Thursday, November 17, 2011

Make Yummy Vegetarian Meals







Make Yummy Vegetarian Meals








I have been a meat eater all my life and guess what? I have no issues with meat! I have recently decided that I would like to eat more vegetarian type meals and eliminate the meat, just to try it! Guess what? I don't miss the meat and I'm feeling even healthier, not to mention my skin seems to be glowing! I have no reasons for deciding to eat vegetarian other than out of curiosity. Here are some of my favorite vegetarian meals so far!


Instructions


1. One of my favorite and comforting vegetarian meals that is SUPER easy to make is cream of mushroom soup with rice! Get your favorite cream of mushroom soup. I like one that has barley in it. Boil some rice. Easiest is rice in bag, takes ten minutes to boil. Place soup in bowl and warm up for 1 minute in the microwave. After rice is cooked, pour rice into bowl of soup, let it marinate a little, cool down and enjoy! This is delicious, comforting, easy to make and low in calories and fat! If you get mushroom soup with barley in it you get added protein! Great soup for cooler months. Want a side with that? How about sweet peas? Yum! You can buy the steam bags, put them in the microwave for 5 minutes, pour into a bowl, add a little salt and butter if you like and you have a delicious side to your soup!


2. Do you love fair food? I know I do! I love it all! One of my favorites is corn dogs, but I rarely have them because I feel guilty eating them! I don't find they have any nutritional value! Well, guess what? There are now vegetarian corndogs and they are delicious!! Get a box of vegetarian corn dogs. Two vegetarian corn dogs are only 300 calories and good for you! Heat them up 2 minutes in the microwave. Try some mustard as a dipping sauce, yum! Do you like french fries? Me too! How about baking them? Cut up some potatoes, yukon gold, new potatoes, whatever you like lengthwise. Place them on a nonstick baking sheet, pre-heat your over 375 degrees, place cut up potatoes on sheet and douse with olive, canola or vegetable oil and some salt to tast. Bake for about 20-30 minutes, make sure you check on them so they don't burn and are fully cooked. Yum! You get to eat corndogs and french fries without the excess fat and it has actual nutritional value, what could be better?


3. Do you like burgers? I love burgers! Make yourself a veggie burger! I love the veggie burgers with mushrooms myself, but pick what you like best. It takes only 2 minutes to cook in the microwave. Place in buns, add lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, ketchup, mustard, onions, whatever you like and voila! You have a yummy, satisfying burger! You get protein too because there are usually beans in the burger. Want a yummy side? How about baked parsnip slices, have you ever thought of that? I cut mine lengthwise like french fries and bake on a non stick baking sheet. Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees and douse with oil and some salt to taste. I like olive oil, but also like vegetable or canola. Bake until tender, usually around 20-30 min., but that can vary depending on your oven. Just check it to make sure they are not burning and come out tender. Once they are cooked you have a delicious side for your burger that tastes JUST like french fries!!!

Tags: french fries, corn dogs, like french, like french fries, mushroom soup