Monday, July 5, 2010

Fry A Steak In A Skillet







Fry a Steak in a Skillet


fry a steak in a skillet. Some people will only fry a steak on the grill. I grew up with no grill, so I used a skillet. I learned to make good steak because I did not like the other option.


Instructions


1. To fry a steak in a skillet we want the steak to cook at a lower heat for a longer time. Turn the stove to the high side of medium. Spray the skillet down with non stick spray and put it on the stove to preheat.


2. Next put the steak in the skillet. Season it up how ever you like. I like McCormick Montreal seasoning. I season one side then flip the steak. Place the lid on the skillet. Let it cook about thirty minutes flipping it about every five minutes or so.


3. When the steak is done enough for your taste, turn the stove up to high. Remove the lid and flip the steak repeatedly until it is browned on both sides. Watch it close or it will burn. We call it Cajun blacken at my house if I burn the steak.Click the links below for more info.

Tags: flip steak, steak skillet, stove high