Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Bake A Pineapple Angel Food Cake Weight Watchers

Bake a Pineapple Angel Food Cake- Weight Watchers


There is nothing harder than trying to diet and ignore a sweet tooth craving.


My hairdresser shared this simple recipe with me and it is the best recipe- even if you are not dieting! [She got it from Weight Watchers.]


It is great alone or try adding a few fresh sliced strawberries on top.... delicious!


Instructions


1. Open one angel food cake mix [I used Duncan Hines] and empty mix into a large bowl. Make sure that you use a mix that is a one step mix.


2. Stir in one 20 ounce can of crushed pineapple. Do not drain. Make sure that you use pineapple packed in water or its own juice. Do not use pineapple packed in syrup.


3. Beat the pineapple into the cake mix until all ingredients are moistened.








Don't use anything BUT the cake mix and the entire can of pineapple (no water, etc).


4. Pour into a LARGE, UNgreased springform pan and bake according to box directions. I've been told that you can also make it in a 9 X 13 inch pan but I have not done it.


5. Take the side off of the cake and allow to cool before slicing with a serrated knife using a sawing motion.


6. Tip: To make it easier to release the cake I trace the bottom pan piece onto waxed paper and line the bottom. Gently invert the cooled cake and peel paper off before slicing.


7. Someone emailed me saying that their cake did not turn out right. I have made this recipe several times and I have never had a problem with it. If you have problems I found this thread that may help you figure out what you did wrong:


http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Pineapple-Angel-Food-Cake-I/Reviews.aspx

Tags: Weight Watchers, Angel Food, Bake Pineapple, Bake Pineapple Angel, before slicing, Make sure, Make sure that